Friday, July 13, 2007

'Man-eating' python bought online

A father who bought a snake over the internet which turned out to be a man-eating python has called for dangerous pets not to be sold online.

Barry Cowan, 23, from Bathgate, said he was scared for the safety of his two-year-old daughter Michelle when he discovered he had a reticulated python.

The mechanic thought he had bought a royal python, which only grows to 5ft.

It was only when he posted pictures on the internet he was told he actually had the world's biggest python species.

Mr Cowan said: "When I was told by a man on an internet forum that I actually had a python which can eat a man I was really worried and feared for my daughter's safety as it was in a tank in the living room.

"It makes me really annoyed to think that all I did was give my name, address and £250 and I had a really dangerous animal a few days later in my home."

No comments: