Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"Shithead" headstone causes a stink

Only during the current dog days of summer could a little rat terrier who's been gone for years cause so much trouble.

But, then, it's hard for some to let a dead dog lie when it's buried in the Uniontown City Cemetery.

People really started talking when the owner recently put up a tombstone that incorporates a vulgar word normally associated with excrement.



Those who object "are just trying to blow it out of proportion", said Judy Hagan, the loving dog owner who also is in charge of cemetery maintenance and sanitation for Uniontown. "They should be more concerned about the vandalism out there when 97 tombstones were torn up."

"There a few people in town who seem to have a problem with it. He's been there eight years. They're upset because I put a marker up there. It's a headstone, a little plaque. It's not real big. I've always had an angel there, anyway.

"I didn't do it to start any stink. I did it in memory of my dog. I'm sorry people don't understand it. But he was my best friend and he's got that right. I'm an animal lover and I don't care who knows it. I'm going to speak up for them because they can't speak up for themselves."

No comments: