Monday, September 10, 2007

Routemaster bus on road trip to USA

A 50-year-old double-decker bus has left Norfolk on a road trip to the USA.

The Routemaster, which used to run the number 19 route in London, is heading from California in Norfolk to California in the USA.

The journey, which will take two months, will raise funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.

Nathan Jenson, left, and Lewis Grant, who are planning a charity trip in this 1964 London Routemaster bus from California, Norfolk, to California, USA

Organiser Nathan Jenson said; "After I bought the bus from a friend I thought 'what can I do with it?' then I decided to do something crazy like this."

The Routemaster, which has been fitted out with a kitchen, beds and sofas, will be sold at an auction in California, USA, in five weeks time.

Simon Gray, East Anglian Air Ambulance executive director, said: "Nathan is either a brave man or a foolish man - I am not sure which."

No comments: