Monday, September 10, 2007

The silly excuses TV licence dodgers give the inspectors

The list of the top 10 worst excuses for not paying for a licence includes a man who blamed it on his wife. He told inspectors: "She has her hair done twice a week and so we find it difficult to pay."

Another dodger complained she could not afford to pay the licence because her husband had just spent £3,000 on a "massive panoramic flatscreen digital TV".

And the wider family is also dragged into the scams, with the excuse: "My granny's 77. She doesn't live here, but can I get her free licence as she hasn't got a TV?"

Bizarrely one evader said: "I can't think straight. My girlfriend has hit me on the head with a hammer, but I thoroughly deserved it."



Another said he had not renewed his licence because his wife had flushed the old one down the lavatory - along with his wallet.

A woman told investigators: "I couldn't make my last payment as my baby was sick on my shoulder and I didn't want to go to the shop smelling of sick because the guy I fancy works there."

Another man said: "I don't watch TV because I'm too busy having vigorous sex with me wife."

More here.

No comments: