Sunday, October 14, 2007

Boy, 10, flees machete robbers

A 10-year-old boy had to jump to safety from the window of his bedroom when a gang armed with machetes broke into his home near Manchester.

Saul Tomlinson was upstairs at his home in Prestwich, Greater Manchester, when three masked men broke through the front door as his father David was playing on the computer.

Saul Tomlinson

As they demanded car keys from his father, Saul was so scared he jumped out of the first-floor window and hid in a neighbour's garden.

He said: "I just knew that something had gone wrong and something was going to happen so I just opened the window and jumped out. I just wanted to get away from the house so I ran to next door's garden and then I jumped in a bush so I could hide until it all ends."

With video interview with Saul.

No comments: