Monday, October 15, 2007

Fright nurse

A pensioner was horrified when a “strapping” 6ft sex-change carer turned up to bathe her.

Frail Kathy Yates, 88, specifically requested a female to assist her at home.

Daughter Kathleen, 48, fumed: “When the carer came through the door, I nearly keeled over. It looked like a man dressed as a woman. Talk about an overdose of make-up! He was 6ft with badly bleached blond hair.



“He had shoes that must have been size 11, huge hands – and insisted I call him Sue.”

Kathleen , who is filing an official complaint, added: “It’s all very well to have equal rights but we asked for a female. Mum has dignity and doesn’t want a man dressed as a woman to help her. He got his gloves out and said, ‘Right, are you ready for a bath?’ My mum was in shock and kept blessing herself. I said, ‘You won’t be showering my mother, sonny boy.’”

Blackpool Council said ‘Sue’ had been a female legally for more than a year.”

No comments: