Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Lollipop lady 'back from the dead'

A lollipop lady is celebrating being alive - after rumours she had died were believed.

June McCombie, 60, of Aberdeen, was treated in hospital after a heart attack. However, word soon spread that she had passed away.

Mrs McCombie had to go to Walker Road Primary, in Torry, where she works to tell pupils she was still alive.

She said: "I had a heart attack which I had thought was indigestion. The doctor gave me an ECG and I went to hospital.

"I do not know how the rumours I was dead started, the children may have assumed it. I was quite upset. People did think I had died. So, I went to the school when I got out of hospital and surprised them all."

Mrs McCombie said she was reminded of the famous quote attributed to Mark Twain - "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

No comments: