Monday, January 07, 2008

Arggh, I got tagged

I'm not a great fan of these things, but I was tagged by Joanne, who has been a lot of fun in the comments here, so in this case I'll bite the bullet.

I'm supposed to share seven random and/or weird facts about myself.

Alright then.

Fact 1.

I only own one pair of shoes. Well they're boots, actually. FACT.

Fact 2.

Aged 4, I went into hospital to have a cyst removed from my thyroid gland. It involved cutting my throat from ear to ear. The operation was a great success, but twice I was due to go home following the removal of the stitches and both times following the removal of the first stitch, the wound just opened up again. Like a zip(per).

The third time was a success, but I ended up staying in hospital for over 9 months.

Fact 3.

When I was 14, I won a junior golf championship using the Stableford scoring system. I was presented with a silver cup that I was allowed to keep for a year and my name etc. was painted in gold letters onto one of the winners boards in the clubhouse bar.

I doubt they'd let me in there to see it these days.

What with neckties being obligatory. And all that.

Fact 4.

I have never, ever visited a McDonald's, nor indeed ever feasted upon their fine fare.

Fact 5.

Bob Geldof and Paula Yates once sat at the next table to me in a pizza restaurant.

Fact 6.

Watching Siegfried and Roy at their show at Las Vegas, with tigers and disappearing elephants and airbourne motorbikes and such like, I fell asleep.

It had been a long week, mind.

Fact 7.

Whilst I've never been thrown out of a pub, I was once forcibly removed from the main Post Office in Madras, (now Chennai), in India.

Carried out in the stretcher style. That means 4 guys, tipped me over, then one at each ankle and one at each outstretched arm.

It's a long story, but I'd arranged for any letters I received to be kept there post restante.

After several months I returned and they insisted there were no letters for me.

And yes, I did do the pointy finger thing at the boss. But that is all.

Strangely, over the next few days a lot of letters suddenly appeared. Many other letters were 'returned to sender' in the UK.

So there you go. Seven random facts about me.

Now then, at this point I'm supposed to tag seven other people and inflict this upon them. I'm not sure I want to do that.

I think it would be more fun if the visitors here left a little random fact or two about themselves in the comments.

Go on, you know you want to.

No comments: