Thursday, February 07, 2008

Man takes chicken to work every day

Like any loving pet, Pecks can't bear to be separated from her owner. She lives in his house and travels to work with him in the back of the car, but Pecks is a chicken.

Animal lover Steve Eddy has given new meaning to "free range chicken" as he takes five-year-old Pecks with him wherever he goes.

The 39-year-old zoo keeper has reared the chicken since she was an egg and the two rarely spend a day apart.



The bird - a blue cochin chicken - lives in his home and travels with him in his car to his job as an education officer.

Steve, of Combe Martin, Devon, said: "She wakes up, has her breakfast and then goes out to the garden. When I put my boots on, she knows it's time and I put her in the car. She just hops into the back seat and travels with me.

"She sits on the back seat very happily. She's at work when I'm at work and at home when I'm at home, but she does her own thing."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

FAG

Anonymous said...

what a terrible thing to say...You really should make an appointment with a counselor to find out what would make you say something so mean to a fellow human being...good luck with that.

p.s. Love the chicken!!! I have read that cochins are a really friendly breed!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hen, they make great pets

Anonymous said...

I just picked up a couple of Sizzles and Silkies: same family as Cochin: super cool to have around!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Breed...and how cool!!!

Anonymous said...

SKIp jealous! I wish I could take my baby chicks to work with me. They cry when I leave them (they're 8 weeks) it breaks my heart!

Anonymous said...

I think that it is AWESOME!!!!!! Chickens make very good pets if you understand them, and he surely does!