Sunday, February 17, 2008

Red Dwarf star arrested for brandishing samurai sword at binmen

Red Dwarf star Daniel John-Jules was led away by police over claims he brandished a samurai sword at two binmen.

The 47-year-old, who played The Cat in the cult BBC comedy show, was arrested in his dressing gown outside his home.



Witnesses claimed John-Jules went berserk during an apparent row about his recycling with the refuse collectors.

One neighbour said: "I saw him out in the street shouting at the binmen and waving what looked like a samurai sword around. He was really screaming and yelling. Next I saw the binmen sitting in the back of an ambulance looking shocked and upset."



Another neighbour added: "I heard a lot of noise and shouting and when I looked outside I could see the man dragging his bin down the street with him and waving his arms. I don't know exactly what happened but I imagine they might have refused to collect his rubbish for some reason."

More photos here.

No comments: