Friday, August 22, 2008

Cat survives high-speed ambulance ride

Meet Chloe the high-speed Australian car surfing cat.

The two-year-old's morning nap on an ambulance ended in a hair-raising 13km trip from Port Douglas to Oak Beach at 100km/h, with lights flashing and siren blaring all the way.

Chloe's owner and paramedic Myles White got a huge shock when an extremely distressed meow alerted him to a "goggle-eyed" cat sitting on the roof.



"We did the job and we were loading the patient in the back of the ambulance when we heard a cat let out a big meow," he said.

"Someone said there was a cat on the roof and I looked up and was very surprised to see it was my cat, Chloe.I cannot believe that she managed to stay on and survive.

"When I took her down, she was all fluffed up and her eyes were a bit blown out and she did a big 'Help, get me off' meow."

No comments: