Saturday, December 06, 2008

Woman finds Virgin Mary in her brain scan

Pamela Latrimore, a 42-year-old wife and mother without insurance, hadn't ever really looked at the results of a 2002 MRI scan of her brain. So she didn't know what her Catholic sister-in-law was talking about a few weeks ago when she said, "Oh my gosh, Pam, you have Mother Mary in your head."

But then she looked. And it did look like Mary, the bent head a dark spot nestled between the two hemispheres of the brain. Lightened areas look like wings of light rising on either side of her.

"I know this is where it sounds crazy," Latrimore said. "But I pray, I'm fighting for my life, so every time I go into these machines I pray."


Click for bigger.

Latrimore has had cervical cancer. She suffers from fibroidmyalgia, asthma, seizures, liver problems, ulcers and a variety of other ailments. She feels she is dying. But still, Latrimore thinks Mary's image is a sign God was listening to her prayers.

And she's hoping Mary can help again, this time by earning the money to pay the medical bills that Latrimore and her construction-worker husband cannot. She plans to auction off the MRI film with Mary's image in it on eBay.

"I have no choice," Latrimore said. "I don't even know if this film is something important, something I need. (But) I need the money."

No comments: