Thursday, March 05, 2009

Man becomes father aged 75

A London pensioner has become one of the world's oldest fathers - at the grand old age of 75.

Paul-Louis Mariasusay was delighted that his new bride has presented him with a baby son, just months after they married.

The veteran dad already has two daughters, one of whom is older than his new 38-year-old wife Gena, and five grandchildren.



But the retired BT engineer was still thrilled at the new arrival - a bouncing baby boy called Xavier who weighed in at a healthy 7lbs 11ozs.

He said: "I may be a pensioner, and it is almost 40 years since I looked after a baby, but I haven't forgotten how to change a nappy and it is just marvellous to be a father again.

"The baby came as a complete surprise. I had no idea that I could still become a father at my age but Xavier is a lovely gift."

No comments: