Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Racing camels fed beer for speed

A group of Warwickshire racing camels are being fed beer slops to make them run faster.

The camels were first fed beer after a horse trainer recommended to their owner, Joe Fossett, that they drink a pint before racing.

Mr Fossett, from Idlicote, then asked staff at the Horseshoe Inn, in Shipston-on-Stour, to give the camels all their leftover beer slops.



"If they have a pint of beer before, they absolutely fly," he said.

He added: "I had one camel that wasn't really doing his best in the races and I just couldn't understand why.

"I got some beer and I poured it into the food, and they really did perk up."

1 comment:

Richard Majece said...

I advise you to check this out if you want to know more about homework writing. It will help you to achieve success for sure