Friday, May 08, 2009

Dying woman get tattoos of 20 pets to 'take to the grave'

A terminally ill woman is having the faces of all her 20 pets tattooed on her body, so she can take them with her when she dies.

Jayne Jubb, 47, who shares her home with all the animals, including raccoons, a piranha, snake and a fox, has already had half of them drawn across her neck, arms and back.



She is now hoping to get an iguana tattooed on her neck and still find space for her pet snake, dogs and cockatiels.

"When I was diagnosed with lung cancer and told I didn't have long to live I knew it would be my animals I'd miss the most," she said.



"So I came up with the idea of getting all the animals tattooed over my body.

"My husband thought I was a bit crazy at first but I've always liked tattoos and this seemed like a good way of keeping my pets with me forever."

There's a video interview with Mrs Jubb on this page.

No comments: