Friday, June 05, 2009

Police officer in truncheon sex text probe

A police officer is being investigated over claims he sent saucy text messages to a woman he had interviewed including one asking: "Do you want to see my truncheon?" The PC is to be quizzed by bosses after 18-year-old Megan Walton, of Southey Green, Sheffield, reported him for sending her a series of sexually-suggestive text messages to her mobile. He had taken her number when he interviewed the mum-of-one over a disturbance outside her house.

The officer – who Megan said was old enough to be her father – first met her when he was doing house-to-house enquiries on Southey Green Road over a disturbance on the street. He called at her house with a female officer to ask Megan whether she had witnessed anything and while he was taking a statement from her he asked for her telephone number as part of the process.

Megan, who is a full-time mum, claims a week later he called again at her home on his own claiming he needed to get some more details for her statement. "I hadn't even seen anything of the trouble so I thought it was odd when he came back asking me more questions, especially early on a Sunday morning and on his own," she said.



"I had my friend in the house with me at the time so I didn't feel worried, but the longer he was in the house the more suggestive he became with the way he was talking to me. At one point he got his baton out and started being suggestive about it. Later that day the text messages started arriving."

One of the texts, in which the police officer describes himself as Megan's "friendly neighbourhood cop" says: "So Megan, when do you want to see my truncheon again" before going on to say the message was for her eyes only and that his telephone number was "sacred".

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "We can confirm that a complaint has been made and we are investigating."

No comments: