Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cat calls 999 and police kick in door

A cat sparked a full-scale emergency after stepping on a phone and dialling 999.

Watson, a one-year-old Bengal, pawed the handset and then somehow hit the redial button four times.

Worried police raced to the address and spotted a smashed vase when they peered through a window. Fearing a burglary they broke down the door.



Owner Lauren O'Shea, 23, an animal nursing assistant, said: "A friend saw all commotion at my flat and called me.

"I hurried round there and the police told me they thought there had been a burglary. I immediately said, 'I bet it was the cat'.

Lauren, of East Preston, West Sussex, added: "When we first moved in, the cat would play with the phone a lot - so we used to try to hide it from him."

No comments: