Thursday, July 16, 2009

Woman, 72, tries to have IVF baby

72-year-old Jenny Brown has spent £30,000 on IVF. Miss Brown spent the money in the United States and Italy trying to conceive and is now prepared to travel abroad again to clinics that still offer IVF treatment to women her age.

If she is successful with what will be her seventh course of IVF she will become the oldest mother in the world.

Miss Brown said: "Any mother can die at any age. Look at Jade Goody. I hope to live to 100, but I'll ask one of my younger friends to be a guardian in case.



"People ask me how a child would feel having a mum of my age. I hope they'll find it special. I'll tell them I tried for a long time, and how wonderful it was to have them. I know it'll be hard work. It'll change my life completely and I'm prepared for that."

Miss Brown, who lives in London, said she had always wanted a child but spent her younger years devoted to achieving degrees in medical sciences and zoology.

She said: "I'd always had it in the back of my mind that when the time was right I'd like to have a child. But my studies meant that children kept getting delayed. The right time finally came in my early 50s and since then I've been attempting and failing with IVF."

No comments: