Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chicken head horrified woman

A stunned shopper bought a chicken from Preston's Asda store only to find its head still attached. Helen Kirby, 27, of Thistlecroft in Ingol, was horrified to discover it tucked under the body of the bird.

She brought the 'whole chicken' from the Asda store at Fulwood and immediately froze it. Because the head was well hidden under the chicken's body, it was only when she put the bird in the oven to cook that she made what she describes as a "disgusting" discovery.

Bosses at Asda have apologised to Miss Kirby and confirmed they have given her £100 and a new vacuum cleaner in compensation.

Miss Kirby said: "I bought it a few weeks ago and put it in the freezer but when I took it out and cooked it, I saw its head and neck were tucked underneath.

"It was disgusting. It was cooked but I took it into the shop because they weren't answering the phones. At first they offered me my £5.90 back and a free meal but it has gone to their head office now."

A spokesman for Asda said: "I can confirm we gave Miss Kirby £100 and a new vacuum cleaner. We apologise for any inconvenience that Miss Kirby was subjected to as a result of this."

No comments: