Saturday, October 31, 2009

Man, 71, becomes UK's oldest father of twins

A pensioner from the Black Country has become Britain’s oldest father of twins – at the age of 71. Richard Roden is the proud father of Ruby and Emily, his first children with 25-year-old wife Lisa.

Ex-welder Mr Roden is already a father of 10 from two previous marriages but is “over the moon” at becoming a father yet again – and is planning more.

“It’s easier this time around as I’ve had plenty of practice with children,” he said.



“We are going to try for a boy in two years. I’ve only got three lads, so I’d like another son. Being a dad at 71 is definitely more tiring than in my 20s, but they give me such a lot of pleasure.”

He added: “I wouldn’t swap them for anything – not even winning the lottery. They have made my life complete.”

Mr Roden married Lisa a month ago – four years after their first meeting at a course at Brownhills Library and the couple, from Brownhills, had their two children without the help of any fertility treatment.

No comments: