Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Man shot for using boss's toilet

A visit to the bathroom turned bloody for a Durban man after he learnt that the toilet he had used was only meant for the "boss".

Rajabu Hasani, a worker at a general dealer's store in Denis Hurley (Queen) Street, said yesterday that he couldn't believe someone could be "so heartless" after he claims his employer shot him in the knee for using "his" toilet. "On Monday just after 2pm I needed to go to the toilet, which is inside the store. As I was walking out, my boss came to me and asked where I had been," he said.

Hasani said that after replying that he had been to the toilet, his employer had become angry and asked if he did not know that the toilet was meant only for the boss.

"While I was explaining to him that I had no idea that I was not meant to use the toilet as I had only been there for about three weeks and didn't know all the rules, he pulled out his gun and shot me in the knee," said Hasani. He said the manager then casually went about his business.

Hasani walked out of the shop, where he collapsed. "A policeman saw me and called an ambulance." He was admitted to Addington Hospital where the bullet was removed. He was discharged on Wednesday, when he reported the shooting to the police.

Police Captain Khephu Ndlovu confirmed that a case had been opened. "We are investigating an attempted murder case and no arrests have been made. The gun that was used was licensed and will be confiscated as soon as an arrest has been made," he said.

No comments: