Monday, November 02, 2009

Girl, aged 11, gave birth on her wedding day

Holding up her tiny baby for the camera, 11-year-old bride Kordeza declares: "I'm not going to play with toys any more - I have a new toy now."

For the youngster barely old enough to start senior school has just become a mother after going into labour during her wedding to her teenage boyfriend.

She was still wearing her flowing white dress and tiara when she arrived at hospital and gave birth to 5lb 8oz Violeta.



With proud husband Jeliazko Dimitrov, 19, at her side, Kordeza admitted: "It feels strange to be a mum and have a baby.

"I used to play with my toys but now she is my new toy. She is so beautiful, I love her. Violeta is the child and I must grow up. I am not going back to school - I am a mother now."

Kordeza met Jeliazko in the playground of her Roma gypsy school in Sliven, Bulgaria, when he rescued her from bullies.

Full story, with news video here.

No comments: