Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Real life 'Edward Scissorhands' brings new approach to hairdressing

A stylist has emulated Edward Scissorhands by inventing a set of razor sharp 'clawz' which he claims will revolutionise hair cutting. Valentino LoSauro says his devices cut hair twice as fast as normal scissors.

Mr LoSauro spent two years and £150,000 developing his invention. "The idea came to me in the late 90's," he said. I am a pianist as well as a hairdresser and wanted to combine that light fingered touch with my styling.

"So the 'Clawz' were born as a simple idea to bring a musicality to hair styling. When I cut the hair I use methods I call 'Flight of the Bumblebee and 'Zap'.



Bending his fingers to contract the razor in the fingertip claws, Mr LoSauro had to relearn his hair cutting technique completely.

"It took me a couple of years from the launch of the prototype to become really proficient with them," said Valentino.

"Now though I can motor through hair cuts and they are much quicker than usual scissors. I can't believe the time it took before."

There are more photos here.

No comments: