Wednesday, March 24, 2010

James Bond fan builds flame-throwing scooter

A James Bond fan has invented a moped equipped with a flame thrower to help settle road rage disputes. Colin Furze, 30, spent a month converting the sports scooter, which can travel up to 60mph to produce a 15 foot jet of fire.

It took three attempts to make the flame-throwing moped, which works by pressing a button on the handlebar. "It's a lot of fun and when I fire the flames out the back it makes me feel just like James Bond," said Mr Furze.



"The flames are pretty big and up to 15 feet long so you could definitely set fire to someone's car if you wanted to. The only problem is it can get rather hot if you are riding the moped and blast the flames when the wind is in the wrong direction."

But sadly Mr Furze, who built the moped in his spare time in his back garden in Stamford, Lincs, will not legally be allowed to use it on the road. "I've been told that if I fire the flames while riding on the road it's equivalent to using a fire arm and I could be in a lot of trouble," he said.

3 comments:

arbroath said...

"A James Bond fan has invented a moped equipped with a flame thrower to help settle road rage disputes."

I would think of Mad Max before James Bond...

" "I've been told that if I fire the flames while riding on the road it's equivalent to using a fire arm and I could be in a lot of trouble," he said. "

...Now who would have thought of that...?

If anyone would try to settle road rage disputes with such a device- I personally hope he would be stopped in such a way that he never ever could even go on the road again by himself and the would be permanently in need of friendly nurse to help him when he would want to negotiate treffic  .................................

arbroath said...

so um nice pic of him shooting the flame on the road. I sense a face-palm in his future!

arbroath said...

That thing is going to melt someone's face