Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wild 'boxing kangaroo knocks Australian jogger unconscious after assault'

An Australian man, David Striegl, was left bloodied and bruised after being assaulted and knocked unconscious by a wild kangaroo while out jogging. In a real life example of the country's infamous "Boxing Kangaroo" mascot, the 25 year-old was out running when he was attacked by the rogue animal on Thursday.

The Australian Rules football player, from Canberra, the country’s capital, was then knocked unconscious after it punched him in the face and remembers little about the unprovoked attack. "I turned around and before I knew it, it took a swipe at my face," he said.



Mr Striegl, who works in a corporate real estate office, was found by a passing motorist who took the dazed and bloody victim to hospital. His only injury seemed to be some cuts and bruises, a black eye and a wounded ego with his colleagues making fun of his misfortune and giving him a new nickname – “Skippy”.

"The main thing they've been asking is whether I got one (punch) back on the roo,” he said. "I can't even say that, because one punch and it put me to the floor. All my years of playing football and never a fight, and then I have a fight with a kangaroo."

1 comment:

arbroath said...

What they neglect to mention was that the roo also took his wallet and credit cards.