Thursday, April 08, 2010

Ratty the bus-riding dog killed in car accident

Tributes have been paid to a dog who shot to fame for taking the bus to his local pub.

Ratty the Jack Russell was killed by a vehicle just yards from his favourite bus stop.



‘He still used to visit the pub but not as much, as his age was catching up with him,’ said owner Gary Kay. ‘I am gutted and will miss him. He was one in a million – a famous dog with bags of character.’

Ratty in happier times.


Ratty, ten, was killed last Thursday as shocked neighbours looked on.

‘He was always very careful crossing the road so I blame the driver,’ said Mr Kay.

2 comments:

arbroath said...

My husband and I are amazed that the guy is a farmer and yet the bus stop is in front of his house.  Buses are mostly in the city here.  I wish the US had a working public-transportation system.  I've been wanting to take a train trip for several years, but it's almost impossible.

arbroath said...

Yeah!  And let's blame every pedestrian who's ever been hit by a car.

They should've stayed inside, after all.