Saturday, April 03, 2010

Virgin Mary appears on marble wall in bathroom

A Belen homeowner has told how she could not believe her eyes when she noticed a holy image in the marble above her bathtub. "It startled me," said Danell Griego. "It really did it startled me. It's a gift from God."

There are intentional religious symbols in her home just about everywhere. But if you look closely in a corner, and she said you can find an unintentional holy image. In the marble above Griego's bathtub, she said she found a five-inch tall figure of the Virgin Mary looking down at baby Jesus wrapped in a blanket in her arms.



"I kind of got a little bit scared and went running for my husband and kids and I was like, 'Do you see this?'" said Griego. She did not discover the image until a few years after moving into her home. Last year, she decided to use her bathtub for the first time

"I'm a shower person," Griego said. "I hardly take baths. I don't even know why we put the bathtub in the house." She started the water, had put the bubble bath in and was reaching for her candle that she'd put in the corner of the bathtub when she saw it.



"When I pulled the candle [toward me] to light it, there was the image," she said. "First you get a few, 'Yeah, OK...sure,' but when they see it, there's no denying that that's what the image is."

Griego said there is no reason to hide the image of the Virgin Mary from others, especially during Holy Week. "But we're not saying it's a miracle from God, that you know, He came down and He posted this, you know," said Griego. "He put it there for a some reason. It's just there and we believe in God and I'm not afraid to say it."

4 comments:

arbroath said...

Well, it might just be the the virgin mary. Or a penis. or just a shape in the marble.

I'm overawed by human gullibility.
I bet if you went around her house you could pick out an image of Satan too, just to make up the set.

arbroath said...

"I don't even know why we put the bathtub in the house."

Just when you think people can't get any dumber, you find folks who don't know the purpose of a bathtub.

arbroath said...

Amazing that one can have a house and stuff in it that one uses so seldom that one isn't familiar with it from the getgo.

arbroath said...

It is a marble relief of me washing my car in the summer.  GOD PUT IT THERE FOR A REASON!  It is to tell me to wash my damn car.