Saturday, June 26, 2010

Woman flashes breasts for peace and quiet

Marika De Florio is using bare breasts to win a feud with her neighbours. The 56-year-old says she is sick and tired of her neighbours' five-year-old grandson driving a loud all-terrain vehicle for hours on her quiet street in Seeley's Bay, near Kingston. So she found a solution under her shirt. De Florio has discovered that if she goes out topless, the boy's horrified grandparents rush the child into the house.

And she said she will continue to go topless every time the child rides the ATV. "It is maddening," she said of the noise. "I'm going mental. I can't breathe and I'm not moving, but I need some peace. I can't believe I did this, but they pulled the kid inside and then called police because of their small-town mentality."



De Florio says the problems with her neighbours, Mike and Nancy Berry, started two years ago when she moved to the area. Leeds OPP, which covers Seeley's Bay, have received complaint calls from both De Florio and the Berrys. She is not breaking the law, because in Canada women are allowed to be topless.

"There is not a criminal charge for that ... not since 1996," said Toronto Police Const. Isabelle Cotton. De Florio says she decided to go topless to solve the problem because police wouldn't do anything about the ATV noise. She said it's the bravest thing she has ever done. "I'll do what I have to to eradicate this problem," she said.

6 comments:

sharon said...

Smart woman!

egggoboom said...

I would have thought that the screams of "My eyes!  Oh my God, my eyes!" would have rather shattered the peace and quiet.

L said...

I wonder if this would work on the incessantly screaming little buggers around here.

It is a conservative area.  Boobies are bad.

Peach said...

What if they were really nice looking breasts?

L said...

Doesn't matter.  Prudes don't care what they look like.

Insolitus said...

Indeed. Very creative.