Saturday, July 10, 2010

Elderly Australian woman chasing secret lover clocked at 164km/h (102mph) by police

An elderly hoon driver has vowed to keep getting behind the wheel - even if her licence is revoked. But police, who intercepted 81-year-old Judith Slade driving at 164km/h on Monday afternoon, will apply to have her grounded permanently. Mrs Slade was pursued by Leading Sen-Constable Nik Probyn for four kilometres, with the lights on his police car blinking and sirens blaring, along the Murray Valley Hwy at Lake Boga until she pulled over.

Because of her age and her driving, police now want to see her licence cancelled. But Mrs Slade said she had no choice but to continue driving because she would not be separated from her secret lover, with whom she spent the weekend in Mildura. Both were returning from Mildura in separate cars when Mrs Slade was pulled up. "What difference would it make if they took my licence from me?" she said.



"I'll just buy more cars and they can take them away, too. I could buy another one now just to fight this and cruise past the police station, and say, 'Here I am'." Mrs Slade admitted she knew she was speeding but blamed her Jack Russell, Aca. "My friend, she was ahead, and I overtook her," she said. "Aca then jumped on my leg and wanted to sit there, pushing down hard.

"I had to drag him off . . . and throw him on to the back seat. I realised I was going fast. I was passing another vehicle. What was I supposed to do?" Mrs Slade said nothing would stop her seeing her lover, who she said was almost half her age.

2 comments:

Insolitus said...

I have only contempt for people who endanger other people because they feel entitled to do whatever they want, regardless of law and reason.

L said...

What a horrible, selfish old woman.

Throw her in jail if she's not going to have any respect for the law or the lives of others.