Friday, July 30, 2010

Woman finds Virgin Mary and Jesus in rocks

To Stephanie Madden of Granbury, a pair of ordinary rocks are as precious as rubies. "I was just out walking on break at work one day and I saw them," she said. "I took another step, and it was like something goes 'hey, you just saw something that looks like something you've seen before'." When Madden first spotted the stones on the ground in Granbury, she didn't think much about it, but a closer look was all the confirmation she needed.

"It was like the closer I got to God the more I saw him in things," she said, "That looks like Mary holding baby Jesus to me." Madden, a born-again Christian, said the stones resemble the Madonna cloaked in a robe, holding her infant son, Jesus Christ. "You can see the little cap or shawl or whatever she covers her head with and wraps around her," she described. "You can see her face looking down at him."



The resemblance she admits could be a mere coincidence. "Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous," she explained, "In the bible it says that people who do believe, will see." It's the message she has interpreted from her find that has her speaking out now.

"I was showing them to people at church Sunday morning and one of the members said 'hey do you know in the bible it says, in Luke 19:40, 'If my people become silent that even the rocks will cry out'." She said, "That hit me as confirmation that I'm supposed to say something." Madden is now sharing that message with others. She posted pictures of the rocks online and encourages others to see beyond the surface, and to find meaning in the mundane. "Some people see it some people don't," she said, "I don't really care if people think I'm crazy."

With news video, or you can view it here.

No comments: