Sunday, August 29, 2010

97-year-old woman's pet cat saves her from attacking pit bulls

It’s a modern day story of David and Goliath. A 97-year old woman, surrounded by a pack of dogs, is saved by an unlikely hero, her cat named Tiger. Sophie Thomas was pulling dandelions out of her garden when the unexpected happened.

Thomas says, “All of a sudden these four pitbulls came marching in and they surrounded me. They kept going around and around. One of them kind of lunged for me and I hit him on the head and he backed off. Then another came towards me and I was scared stiff. I gave him a wack. All of a sudden, my cat jumped in the middle of it." The cat ran towards the garage and the dogs chased after giving Ms. Thomas just enough time to run inside.



Fearing the worse for her pet, she waited, and washed her wounds in the sink. That’s when she spotted Tiger at the door. Thinking back she says she owes the cat her life. Thomas says, "I always thank God that my cat came because she was the one that really helped me out." The pit bulls live behind Ms. Thomas’s home. The owner, Ann Daniels, says it’s all an accident and says her dogs aren’t violent.

She has several broken windows and doors at her home and claims she will fix them soon so that something like this doesn't happen again. Daniels says “My son didn't shut the bedroom door and they went out the window. I feel terrible." Daniels has been fined $300 and the dogs must be quarantined for ten days.

No comments: