Saturday, August 07, 2010

Chinese man woos doctor with blood-dripping knife

Lovestruck patient Xu Hahn threatened to kill the beautiful surgeon who saved his life after she turned down his marriage proposal.

Terrified medic Mo Shuzhen - who'd operated on his burst appendix - told police how he turned up outside the clinic in the Chinese capital Beijing carrying a poster with a picture of her in a heart and a kitchen knife dripping with blood. On it he had written: "Please marry me - if you don't, then..."



"When I came round from the operation I found that my life had been saved by an angel and I asked her to marry me straight away. "But she did not take me seriously and I needed to get her attention so I came up with this idea," Feng told police.

But the soft-hearted medic has refused to press charges against her obsessed suitor. "I told him that I'm happy I managed to save his life but our relationship does not exist outside the normal doctor-patient lines. I hope he'll find a real relationship soon."

No comments: