Sunday, August 15, 2010

Salon owner blames power provider for customer's bald head

A trip to the hair salon leaves one customer partially bald. Now the owner of the shop and the power provider are in a debate over who is to blame. When a woman goes into a salon, the last thing she probably expects is to come out partially bald . "I was getting colour put in and the lights went out and there was no way to get it out of my hair in time," the woman, who did not want to reveal her identity, said.

Tessa Mingo, the owner of People's Choice Hair Salon said her customer's hair is the end result of her salon's power being cut off by mistake without warning. Mingo said there was no way to wash the chemicals off the woman’s hair because the salon’s electric water heater wasn’t working. "I know I just paid my bill on the 19th so there was no reason for my power to get cut off," Mingo said.



Mingo said she believes the power company mistakenly credited her home account rather than her business account. Bob Wells, the district manager of the Bruce location of the Pontotoc Electric Power Association said, "Only that the fact that we can't discuss customer accounts because a privacy act is involved that would be as far as I can go. I'm sorry."

For the customer the issue is not about who is at fault, but rather the price she had to pay. "I feel terrible about this situation because I came in and I wasn't expecting to leave out like this," the woman said. The power has been restored, but the debate over who is to blame has yet to be resolved. However, the customer said the price she had to pay drastically changed her life.

With news video.

No comments: