Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wu Lee is the nail clipper ninja

Would-be martial arts tough guy Wu Lee was so impressed with kung fu sword swallowers he tried to copy them - by downing 15 pairs of nail clippers.

"I didn't have any swords so I started small and used what I could get from the local shop," sheepish Lee confessed to medics in Xinjiang, north west China. The star-struck wannabe ninja went on to down 30 razor blades and countless nails before he collapsed in agony after a month of training.



Astonished surgeons spent five hours removing the metalwork from Lee's stomach, some of which had rusted into place.

"It was a very complicated operation and it was a miracle that he was able to walk around with all this inside him for a month," said surgeon Jin Chen. Now Lee is looking for work as a stuntman. "I think I've proved that I'm plenty tough and willing to do anything," he said.

No comments: