Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Australian woman "disfellowshipped" from church after appearing in erectile dysfunction commercial

The star of an erectile dysfunction commercial has been kicked out of her church until the ad comes off air. Libby Ashby said she had been "disfellowshipped" from her local congregation after appearing in the ad.

"They have said I would not be reinstated until the ad comes off the air," Ms Ashby said. Ms Ashby, a single mother, said she knew when she was filming the ad that it was in poor taste. But she said she had taken the job because of the money.



"My Visa was calling out for mercy," she said. "It was against my better judgment to it. I don't like to offend people."

Ms Ashby, who didn't say which Christian church she attended, said the Bible spoke clearly about sex. "The Bible speaks very openly about sex in an honourable way, but I don't think the ad is honourable. It offends a lot of people," she said.

No comments: