Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Deer goes on supermarket sweep

A white-tailed deer went on a short rampage inside Edward's Food Giant Store on Cantrell Road in Little Rock on Friday evening, scaring customers and employees alike. The deer entered the store around 6 p.m. and ran up and down the aisles until the store manager helped shoo him outside.



Store cashier Maria Walker said she heard someone say, ‘there's a deer in the store'. She said she didn't see him at first, but then he came barreling around the corner. "All I could see was a bunch of horns and I was just trying to get away", Walker said. "I told my customers, I'm getting on top of the register, because I'm scared of deer".

It's probably a good thing that she did. The deer headed towards Walker's register, hit a shopping cart, knocking over food, then started looking for the exit. Walker said the deer was probably in the store for 2 or 3 minutes, but it seemed like a very long 3 minutes to her.



The deer then sadly ran into the path of a car and was later euthanized because of its injuries.

No comments: