Saturday, November 20, 2010

Giant dog likes to take a seat

He's the size of a person and now Druid the irish wolfhound has begun acting like one, too. The 75kg fella performs an amusing trick whenever he visits the Allambie Veterinary Clinic. While other dogs sit patiently on the floor of the waiting room, Druid literally takes a seat next to his owner Pamela Mullan.

The Belrose resident said Druid started displaying the remarkable behaviour about one year ago. “One day I brought him up to see Michael (Dr Morrice), Druid took my seat and the next thing I know he had sat down next to me with his bottom on the s
seat, just like a human,” she said.



“I thought it was hilarious.” Mrs Mullan said Druid had become something of a minor celebrity. “He’s become renowned for doing it,” she said. “People see him and ask, ‘what’s he up to now?’ .”

But Druid hasn’t stopped there. “He’s started doing it in the car as well,” Mrs Mullan said. “People who see him as we drive past think he is standing and looking out the window but he’s actually sitting like you or I would.”

No comments: