Thursday, November 04, 2010

I desperately need some technical help

A few days ago something happened and I could no longer reply to, or create emails at my Gmail account. I found a work-a-round, so was quite relaxed about it. I searched, and many others had had the same problem, but I couldn't find a proper resolution.
Yesterday, it was all working fine again.
Now it's broken again, but much more importantly, (to me anyway), YouTube has now become almost inaccessible. The videos work, but as with the Gmail problem, when I click the embed button, indeed any of the buttons, nothing works. Also, I can no longer see the little thumbnail pictures for each video.
This is a massive problem for me doing this. You'd be surprised how many viral videos, just uploaded, have emanated from here via this method.
I'm using Windows 7, IE8, (I know, but other browsers confuse me), and I think this is a javascript problem. I don't think it's a virus / spyware issue - nothing's showing up.
I really don't need this. I haven't even finished paying for this computer yet. Technically, I'm an idiot. Also, I'm not the happiest person in the world right now and if my tools don't work, I won't be able to continue.
I'm sure this is simple to sort out if you understand these things. Unfortunately I don't. Do you or any of your friends? Please help.

No comments: