Sunday, November 21, 2010

Man calls emergency services after getting locked inside police station

A man was forced to call emergency services for help – after he got locked in a police station. Two police cars had to be sent to free Anthony Rose after he went to Rhyl police station to make a statement and was left stranded in the locked reception area by officers. The 49-year-old, who works in Morrison’s in the town, said he was shown out of the office where he made his statement on Monday and into the foyer.

The officer who took him there closed the door and let Mr Rose make his own way out. It was only then the former cancer patient realised the exit had been bolted – and he was forced to call the force control room when no-one responded to his calls for help. He said: “There was no way of getting out so I rang the bell on reception about three or four times, but there was no answer.



“I think they must have all gone for their dinner. I waited a while and then eventually called the control room on 101. The person who answered asked me if I wanted an ambulance as well, which was strange. I said I was fine, then shortly afterwards two police cars turned up. The officers must have let themselves in through a back door and came in to let me out. They were very curt and there was no apology.”

“The whole incident seems funny, but it’s not really. They had to send two cars to get me out, which was also a waste of police time.” Chief Inspector Andrew Willaims said: “Unfortunately, it appears that a member of the public needed assistance to exit the reception area of Rhyl police station after he was there for a short time. We are looking into the matter and apologise to the individual for any inconvenience caused.”

No comments: