Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Dog faces being issued with Asbo for skateboarding without leash

A Lakeland Terrier called Bodhi has been warned he faces being issued with an animal Asbo if he is allowed to carry on skateboarding without a leash. Bodhi, four, has been taught to speed around on four wheels by Jonathan Fell, its owner, and has become something of an attraction in his hometown of Brighton, East Sussex.



But council chiefs have told Mr Fell, 51, he could be given an Asbo if his dog's antics continue. Mr Fell said: "As far as I am concerned if Bodhi is under control he is not causing a problem. He is always under control. If I call him he comes to me and sits. He loves skateboarding with the wind sailing through him.

"I am not sure what to do now. I think he will be sad if he can't skateboard. I can't stop him. I could be the first man to get a ASBO for having a skateboarding dog. I would be proud of that. I would hang it on the wall. He is not doing anything wrong, it is a joke, Bodhi is no criminal.


YouTube link.

"Unlike most dogs I do not have to lure him with treats he just loves going on four wheels and is a real hit all around Brighton." Council bosses have defended their actions claiming it is for the safety of the general public even if the dog's actions are enjoyed.

1 comment:

L said...

Why do some people think that rules don't apply to them?

You're not that special, and neither is your dog. Obey the laws like everybody else, or face the consequences.

Entitled dumbass.