Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Packet of rice contained congealed meat

A diner has told of his horror after he opened a packet of microwaveable rice and discovered it contained congealed meat.

Shocked Noel Briscoe, 70, had heated up the packet of egg fried rice to accompany his steak supper. But when he opened the 69p pack of Hori rice – bought from Farm Foods in Torquay – he found that it actually contained some variety of meat.



He showed the contents to his wife, who suggested he must have overcooked it, but discovered it contained no rice and the product actually resembled ”dog food”. Noel, of Torquay in Devon, said: ”I was about to pour the rice onto my plate when I saw something black. I looked in the packet and was horrified.

”I thought that doesn’t look like burnt rice. No way. It looked like dog vomit. My initial thought was that it looked like meat. I couldn’t see anything that looked like rice in it.” He has now made a complaint to Farm Foods and contacted Trading Standards, which plans to analyse the contents.

1 comment:

L said...

Made in China. It probably is dog food. Made from real dogs.