Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Man finds E.T. in tree trunk

A pensioner has told how he rushed to phone home after he discovered the face of E.T. in a tree trunk.

Pete Burford was chopping wood when the face of the alien in Steven Spielberg’s hit 1980s blockbuster stared back at him. He quickly called shocked wife Sylvia after making the discovery in the trunk of a poplar tree at his yard in Elderfield, near Tewkesbury, Glos.



Pete, 72, of Staunton, Glos., said he was completely stunned when the image stared right back at him.

He said: ”It’s probably just one of those things in the tree, but it so looks like E.T. I couldn’t believe it.” Wife Sylvia, 73, quickly remembered seeing what looked like a UFO 40 years ago and now the couple believe extra-terrestrials are trying to get in contact.

6 comments:

Barbwire said...

Thank God it wasn't Jesus!

kolymatram said...

i cut down trees, i wear high heels, suspenders & a braaaaaa
well : he made the news, just once in his life...

Insolitus said...

I was so delighted to find this kind of a story once without any religious fantasy and with apparently reasonable people. Then came the babble about extra-terrestrials trying to get in contact with them. What's wrong with people?

cath said...

Insol: I am choosing to believe that they are being ironic about the extra-terrestrials to make a point. You can't tell me they're not, because I am plugging my ears and singing "la la la la la..."

Insolitus said...

Somewhere along the way I seem to have given up my optimistic habit of interpreting stupid stuff people say as irony. I think I'm more often right now than I was before, which I find depressing. Allow me to join you, cath, in blocking out this terrible world we live in and sing in glorious harmony: "la la la la..."

L said...

Well, it looks like an alien, but not E.T. Looks more like a grey to me.

I'm just glad they didn't try to pass it off as a really ugly Jesus.