Sunday, March 13, 2011

Man finds Jesus Christ on pizza pan

A Massachusetts man has found divine inspiration on an old pizza pan. To some, it might look like an oddly burnt piece of metal, but to Mansfield's Josh Mather the image is divinely inspired. "I think it's amazing, actually," he says. "I don't know, it's spiritual. The way I see it, it's Jesus on the left, and on the right I would believe it to be Mary."

The metal tray was from an old brick pizza oven owned by Mather and his brother. They said they have cooked thousands of pizzas in it at their sports pub, but the economy forced them out of business. The tray ended up in Mather's garage, where he didn't notice it for months until Tuesday, the day before ash Wednesday.



"As I opened the two garage doors, this image was right on the left door, looking at me in the face," he said. "It totally stopped me." Then he says his life changed. "When it truly hit me, it took my breath away," he said. "It was just - it was amazing." Mather hadn't been to church in 20 years

"Wasn't really a believer, I saw this, I went on Ash Wednesday and got my ashes," he said. "It was the first time in 20 years I walked into church on my own." Something that he says is a ray of hope, in tough economic times. "It's one of those things they say you're going to get a sign at some point, and all of a sudden it's there," he said. "I don't know how to say it happened, I don't know if it will ever be explained."

Video.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I see the mouth of a whale.