Friday, April 08, 2011

Owner spends £20,000 on wedding for dog

Britains most extravagant dog owner has splashed out an incredible £20,000 to give her pampered pooch the perfect wedding day. Louise Harris, 32, admits to spending thousands on birthdays, designer outfits, and bespoke jewellery for her six-year-old pet dog Lola. But now Louise has gone even further - spending more than most human couples do on their nuptials, to organise Britains most expensive dog wedding. Louise invited 80 guests to the lavish ceremony to watch Lola tie the knot with Mugly a Chinese Crested, who holds the title of the UKs ugliest dog after first winning the accolade in 2005.

The bash was held in an outdoor marquee in the grounds of a mansion in Bradwell-on-Sea, Essex, costing £2,500 for the venue alone. She also spent an incredible £1000 on. Louise, who owns two other Yorkshire Terriers, Lulu, four, and two-year-old Larry, said: "I wanted Lola to have the perfect day. It was meant to only be a relatively small affair with 30 guests but the list just kept getting bigger and bigger because I didnt want to leave anyone out! Just like most weddings I guess!



"The day was perfect from start to finish and Lola loved being the centre of attention all day. My dogs are my pride and joy so nothing is too good for them. I enjoy spoiling them because it makes me happy. Lola has completely transformed my life and brings me so much happier so this was my way of thanking her. She loved being the centre of attention!" Lola still lives with Louise at her home in Essex but sees Mugly once a month.

In total Louise spent the £20,150 on: Venue £2,500, jewellery £1,350 - Pearl necklace designed by Latimer couture with real pearls (£400), Swarovski crystal leg cuffs (£250) complete with Swarovski crystal lead (£350), Lulu wore a dress customised by Latimer couture (£100), Swarovski crystal necklace (£200) and head dress (£150). Dog outfits £1200, food for human food £2500, food for dogs £500, car hire of Bentley £500, dancers £500, make up artist £200, hairdresser £200, dog groomers £200, photographers £500, Louise's outfits £600, favours £500, drinks £600, dog creche including doggy gifts £1000, gifts £1500, flowers £1000, designers to decorate the marquee £3000, chocolate fountain £300, cupcake tower £200, security £400, wedding planner £400 and music hire £400.

3 comments:

SteveC said...

Ridiculous. I'm sure she loves her dog bit I assume it is just a grab for headlines. I think I wouldn't mind a little mild fame but not for something that makes me look like a fool. (and with people throughout the world going though some seriously hard times it makes her look uncaring and insanely elitist)

cath said...

And if she "wanted [her dog] to have the perfect day," she should have taken her to the park and then given her a steak and a belly scratch.

L said...

I was going to say that this woman really needs some kids... but they'd just end up as spoiled brats, so that's probably not a good idea.

I think she needs a new hobby. Alternatively, she could give that kind of money to an actual human... you know, someone who actually gives a damn!