Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Comedian performs stand-up routine to field of cows

Comedian Milton Jones has performed a stand-up routine to a field of cows in an experiment to prove they can laugh. Jones was joined by cow expert Bruce Woodacre on a Hertfordshire farm to test the reaction of a herd of fresians.



Jones said: ‘Writing comedy for cows was very different to my day job but a comedian plays to his audience, so I wrote a raft of new material to really get under their hides. They were a tough crowd to begin with, although I’ve played to tougher, and whilst I tried not to milk it too much when I was up there, in the end I can say hand on heart they were udderly brilliant.’

He performed his set of visual and verbal jokes while Mr Woodacre monitored the cows’ reaction. Mr Woodacre, who has studied cow behaviour for more than 40 years, said: ‘Happy cows are more productive and there’s a chance we’ve stumbled across something here. Most of the herd crowded closely round the stage and jostled for a good position.


YouTube link.

‘They had their mouths open and their ears laid back, indicating they were relaxed and content. Not everyone was entertained though – I definitely heard some low heckling moos and there were even a few walk-outs.’

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Udderly hilarious!