Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mystery over clocks in Sicily inexplicably moving forward

Over the past week digital clocks in Sicily have been confusing their owners by moving forward 15 minutes in time.



Francesco Nicosia, said "I realised something was wrong when I started getting to work earlier.

After some investigation I noticed that I wasn't the only one who was on time, which is quite rare here in Sicily."


YouTube link.

Explanations involving aliens, poltergeists, volcanic activity on Mount Etna and solar explosions have been put forward. Among the most credible explanations is electrical disturbance caused by underwater cables.

1 comment:

Ratz said...

I presume it's the frequency of the mains which has changed somewhat. Over here it's 50Hz and a lot of things take advantage of a known frequency in their power supply so they don't have to implement their own oscillators, cheap clocks included.