Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rainbow beams down on church tower

This is the moment a pretty English church received a blessing from the heavens when a rainbow beamed down directly onto its tower.

Amateur photographer Ian Peters, 63, captured stunning spectrum of light as it flooded onto Holy Trinity Church in Minchinhampton, Glos.



Mr Peters, of nearby Rodborough Common, spotted the remarkable scene as he drove past the village following a heavy thunderstorm last month. He said: ”I was just driving past and it was staring me in the face. It was the result of being in the right place and the right time – and having my camera.

”While there are so many disasters going on in the world, it’s lovely to have something positive to look at. It gives us all hope.”

5 comments:

The Rat King said...

Random aerial phenomena = divine proof!!!111!!1!!111

I farted once and it smelled of garlic, so by this halfwit's logic I am the Flying Spaghetti Monster incarnated.

Bow before my noodly appendage! I've only the one, but it can bless all day long!

E said...

@the rat king.

there was no mention this was divine proof, just that it was a nice picture. No need to get your underwear in a twist....

Insolitus said...

Rainbows don't give me hope, so I hope Mr Peters isn't including me in his "us all".

Nice picture though. Are leprechauns religious?

Ratz said...

Maybe it's a sign condoning gay marriage :) Given how rich the church is, I wouldn't be surprised to find gold at the end of the rainbow.

Patrick said...

The picture, in and of itself, is the pot of gold. Amazing capture.