Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gah, I f*cking despair!

Apologies for the NSFW language and indeed the following outburst.

But ...

Last night, I had a 'murder detective' around my house investigating my car's possible involvement in a horrible, daylight, vicious killing of a man.

The police have CCTV of the incident, but not the number plate, and apparently there are 300ish similar cars of a certain make, colour and age within a certain radius. The car used had been specifically modified. Unlike mine.

The police have the car they think was involved, but in the interests of belt and braces British law, it appears that quite senior police officers are wasting spending their time and resources proving that the other 300ish weren't responsible.

And then ... just to make my evening ... where I live, at midnight, TV land went into total digital TV heaven. Except that, whereas before I could view the full fair of free Freeview channels, now I can only access ITV3, ITV2+1 and some telly selly channels.

So. Now I have a choice of paying Messrs Murdoch or Branson. Or paying whoever, whatever, to install a new aerial. I can't afford any of these options. Since my freezing pipes incidents last winter, I still don't have hot running water here.

And now I can't even watch the news on TV.

Sorry for complaining , but I really do f*cking despair.

18 comments:

rhea delisle said...

Sounds brutal, I hope things look up shortly.

Eve said...

Hang in there! Maybe set up a donate button? You entertain loads of people every day. I'm sure a few would like to help financially.

Jared said...

sorry to hear about the despair, but I appreciate the work you do. check the site everyday. good stuff.

Supercool said...

Wow, here in the States the government gave out vouchers to pay for boxes that converted the signals for everyone who didn't already have one.

I really enjoy your site. Thank you for keeping it up.

Anonymous said...

Things come in threes, I'm afraid. By now, you have probably discovered that your cat is pregnant.

- Cooper Green

Insolitus said...

Always check first if there are cameras around. And don't use your own car. Should be basic stuff. You can only blame yourself for the police harrasment.

I feel your TV pain, though. Maybe a year ago my digital TV box thingy stopped working. It still had it's warranty, so the thingy had to be sent to the importer company for inspection and repair, and they eventually concluded the thingy was unsalvageable. They gave me a new one. After over two weeks of no TV at all at my place. It was hell.

Anonymous said...

re-tuning won't work unless your set can receive digital signals. Our block of flats has had at least 20 tellies set out for recycling in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully you can get BBC2 on your computer and the lovely music will make your day happier

Els said...

Chin up Arbroath - you're one of my favourite people on the internet :)

Annemarie said...

What a waste of police time and money
since we went digital ive had terrible tv reception, sometimes its unwatchable.
and as people keep saying, set up a flipping donation button!
(((Kev)))

glyphjockey said...

Didja do it?

Anonymous said...

If you feel like you are up for it..set up a donation box. I enjoy your site on a daily, & it is a nice diversion through out my work day.

I would be more than happy to donate some $$$. I will keep an eye out. Paypal ?

Anonymous said...

Blimey! You didn't have a good day yesterday. Hopefully things will improve for you. Your site is fantastic by the way.

Anonymous said...

Always make 'em buy you dinner + bottle of niZe wine BEFORE body search…

Katrina

p.s. sounds like Tex-ass.

Muzzman said...

+1 for the donate button. Long time reader daily for a couple of years now, would be happy to help :-)

Bill. A longtime viewer of your site. said...

If your internet conection isn't too slow, then I suggest that you join this site.

http://www.tvcatchup.com

It's legal, and totally free.
They have all the free to air channels on it, and it's live.
I tend to use it, rather than the proper TV. Give a look. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain...

Now. If I could just find you some hot water online...

cath said...

Dude, you need to set up that donation button. Too many of your loyal readers, including me, can't bear the thought of you not having hot water. You'd be doing us a favour!

Sorry to hear you're having a bad week. Here's hoping something wonderful and unexpected happens!

Unknown said...

Agreed, donate button. I'm happy to contribute to your income for all the enjoyment your site has brought me :)

goddess said...

And I thought my week was bad. Damn. Dude you need to set up a PayPal button. I don't have much to give but, I'll happily give something. I start my day with you. Thanks.