Sunday, August 21, 2011

Man finds abandoned dog with heartbreaking note attached to collar

High above Lake Washington in a Kirkland neighbourhood, Paul Wu pulled his car out of his garage and did a double take, noticing a dog he'd never seen before. "He would not go away," said Wu. So Wu took a closer look.



"I find this bag hanging around his neck, some paper in there, and it says 'open,' and so I open it up and I find a note. It says 'Please take care of Mr. B and find him a new home. He is a King Charles Spaniel, 6 years old. My parents got divorced, and Mr. B was supposed to go to the pound. I think he has a better chance with you. This is my birthday money,'" the note said.

Robert Kuchcinski heard the story at the office he shares with Wu. He agreed to take the dog home to his wife and three kids where Mr. B is acting happy. "Makes you wonder what kind of spot they're in and if they're OK too," said Kuchcinski.



Both Wu and Kuchcinski still wonder what the full story is behind the curious case of Mr. B. "All I want to do, is let this person know, that we found him a good home. That's the whole message," said Wu. Kuchcinski says the dog didn't have any tags or a microchip, but that Mr. B was healthy and given a clean bill of health by the vet.

Video.

3 comments:

Insolitus said...

Oh rats, that caught me off guard. Heartbreaking, indeed. *sniff*

cath said...

Poor kid. I hope he or she is eventually reunited with Mr. B, somehow. :(

amequn said...

I really think this is so nice story...I love the happy ending!!