Sunday, September 04, 2011

Family find Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus on rock

While on a family vacation in Lake Tahoe, Tammy Tollett’s son discovered a rock that they think looks a whole lot like the Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus.

Tammy has seen the stories before about religious figures appearing in random places, but she thinks the rock they found is the real deal.


Video link.

“Tahoe’s like God’s…to me it’s God’s scenery. It’s got the beautiful view and to find that, it was like wow,” Tammy said.

Tammy says her family’s religious, which makes the experience that much more gratifying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So she doesn't want her house to become a mecca. Then why go onto the news to show your find? Personally, I didn't see anything but a rock.

Ratz said...

I see a plonker.

Insolitus said...

Do these people ever stop to think what it would mean if these "miracles" of theirs were actually the real deal? Their god would be a trinket peddler, a sideshow act who rather fills the world with poorly drawn self portraits than fills the bellies of starving Africans.

I don't think the believers think very much about such things. A personal story*: Yesterday I was enjoying the town festival we have here with my cousin and her small children - I happen to be the godfather of the loveliest three-year-old girl in the world. The local church had an arts and crafts workshop for children to come and make animals to fill the Noah's arch. We went, it was fun for the kids, there was juice and snacks. I didn't say anything, but all I could think about was how grotesque the whole thing was. The Noah's arch is not just a fun, kid-friendly story about cute, fluffy animals on a boat, but also a story about a god that decides to kill every singe child in the world. The Christians can apparently overlook that twisted fact, I can't.

*I would put this in a blog of my own if I had enough personal stories to justify a blog of my own.

Anonymous said...

It's a stone. She's blonde. She's American. It's still a stone.